IT Asset Management (ITAM) is a set of business practices combining financial, inventory and contractual functions.
Why Companies Purchase an asset management tool
IT Asset management (ITAM) solutions get implemented by companies to save money, reduce administrative manpower in their IT departments and regain control over the IT Inventory. The primary drivers include some or all of the following.
- Improved visibility of inventory
- Increased efficiencies
- Reduce spending
- Asset reuse
- Risk and security management
The introduction of (ITAM) has resulted in an improvement in IT customer services driven by the ability of IT technicians to identify and rectify problems on users PCs faster.
How will it help me manage my IT assets?
IT Asset Management enables you to view the hardware and software components of each computer, server or any other network infrastructure. Traceability of assets gives better IT administration and control.
Features Found In Asset Management Software
The feature set available in the entry-level Asset Management Software solution differs significantly from that of the Enterprise solution. There are more features available in the Enterprise solution and they are customisable. Key features available in the Enterprise aligned solution are:
- Scalability allowing support for large organisations
- Configurability enabling the solution to adhere to business processes
- Integration with existing IT systems
- Stability of the solution is important
- User roles that allow each technician to see the relevant processes and functions
- Drag and drop form design that requires no programming
- Life cycle management of all assets
- Remote control
- Software patch management
ITAM spans the entire company. Asset Management software is no longer an option. ITAM is equipping technicians to become businessmen, providing a framework for good corporate governance and providing methods to manage the delivery of business objectives.